Sunday, March 8, 2015

Hey! What's with the property taxes in Beaumont?

It's the first thing I hear and it's the last thing I hear when I hold an open house in Beaumont.  "Does this place have those super high assessments and taxes?"  My answer: "Yep!  It sure does!"  But as a Realtor, would I ever live in a place with "those super high assessments and taxes"?  Absolutely.  In fact I DO (not in Beaumont specifically, but in one of the newer communities in a nearby city).  

It's not just Beaumont.  It's everywhere: Beaumont, Yucaipa, Redlands, Rancho Cucamonga, and on and on.  

Once I learned what these Mello Roos, or Special Assessments, or whatever you want to call 'em actually pay for, I was all in.  These property taxes go toward proactively building exactly the kinds of communities I want to live in and the community I DO live in. 

If you're a home owner, not just in Beaumont, but anywhere, or if you're looking to buy in the near future, I think that the 6 minutes you spend watching this video will help explain why so many newer developments carry such a high tax burden.



Don't get me wrong.  Not everyone wants to live in a new community.  Some really appreciate the charm of an older, more established and mature setting.  Seriously...you can't buy a new home with a 95 year old oak tree in the front yard.  However, for so many young families, we're looking for convenience, dependability, parks and recreation, and the confidence of knowing that our community has an intelligent and well thought out plan.  

So, now are you ready to pay a bit more in property taxes to live in a bright, vibrant, and intelligently thought out community?  I am!

      Thanks in advance for remembering my name when the topic of Real Estate comes up in conversation.  If you're local , just remember Andy@LoisLauer.Com I'm always here to help.  


My business thrives by word of mouth.  If you appreciate the information provided on my blog, please share this post on your favorite social media sites, and with anyone you feel could use my service.

Until next time.


















Andy Blasquez  
Cell ~ 909.539.3292
BRE#01826135
Please follow and share at YucaipaRealEstateTrends on Facebook
E-mail me on Andy.Blasquez@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Awesome and interesting article. Great things you've always shared with us. Thanks. Just continue composing this kind of post.
    property taxes

    ReplyDelete